Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First book signing ever! Asbury Galleria, AP-NJ Sept 2012

My very first book signing ever went over with a bang, at the Asbury Galleria inside convention hall in Asbury Park,NJ. Held to coincide with the Asbury Angels ceremony on the Boardwalk,we SOLD OUT of books!!! I am so proud, and so humbled by everyone who came by to visit and get a copy. The trip was absolutely onw of the best ones i have ever had. I got to attend the Bruce show in Met Life Stadium(my first stadium concert ever). It was,to say the least, Perfect. The Estreet Lounge was jumpin! AND the best part was I finally got to meet and greet Eddie Manion, e-street sax player, that graciously contributed his story to my book so many years ago! That was wild! And he performed amazingly. Every concert performance i get to see never fails to zap my imagination into upstage where the screaming concert droves fall away and the clubs atmosphere fades in. I can only imagine that was what they all sounded like at the club, and imagine i do. Before the trip I worked feverishly to create three recreations of the Upstage Murals onto canvas to be on display at the book signing and ultimately be donated to the LOD 2013 auction to beneift Parkinsons Disease. They were shipped before i even left Texas to make sure they were there safe and sound for the signing. It was a big,and exciting, surprise to find out that a few days before i arrived the E-street staff borrowed numerous items from the Asbury Galleria to hang in the Boss's Dressing room, and took TWO of the three dayglo canvases with them! All were returned after I left to return to Tx, so only One was actually there as a backdrop for the signing, but that's perfectly ok with me. I hear that the Band really enjoyed them and the rest of the decor set up at the met life stadium dressing room. Photos from the book signing are up on the books Facebook page. A special treat was introducing my youngest lil potter girl, of barely 12 months, to the jersey shore, with my dad and i at her side, as she dug her toes into the shore and into sand in general for that matter for the very first time. The entire trip was just, PERFECT. I cant wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment